Thursday, February 11, 2010

my home.

this is a growth chart that i made to match the decor in my daughters' room.


this mirror was a yard sale find that i only spent $11 on total(paint and the mirror). it was black and gold before and let's face it...it was not pretty but now it looks great and hangs in my bathroom as my above sink mirror.

this little castle was silver but i loved it for our play room...throw on a little bit of pink paint and it matches everything in the playroom perfectly!

these nine pieces were made out of some extra/leftover wood we had laying around the house...you can see how cute it turned out and it's simple yet adds enough pizazz to pull the room together

i could find no matching wall hangings for my oldest daughters bedroom set so i bought some paint, wall canvases and created these custom pieces for my daughters room. i'm very pleased with the outcome.

my girls love princess stuff and i love having mirrors in the house in each room, this mirror was a brown, old styled mirror...add a coat of paint and it fits in my girls room perfectly with a vintage & feminine twist.

i love the little baskets for changing tables, etc and this one is one that i made myself. i bought the pieces separately and put them together and then painted it for a custom look to match the colors and decor in the bedroom.

here are some wooden photo frames that i painted to match the curtains and bedding in my daughters room.

this is another wall piece that i painted to match my daughters bedroom set...i made it out of the top of an older table that we were no longer using.

i loved this lamp and frame but they looked a little plain so i added a few stripes and dots and it added enough character to the pieces to where they fit into the nursery beautifully.

i'm a big fan of names in rooms and here is an example of one of my girls' name that i painted differently to go in her room.

i love verses and sayings on wall pieces. this is a simple yet beautiful canvas piece that can be hung on a door, wall or other and its very versatile.

when doing my dining room and living room i could not find curtains that i *loved* to go in them...i did however find sheets that i wished were curtains to put in those rooms...and then i had the idea of why not? so the photo below and the photo of my living room are of sheet sets that i loved that i turned into curtains...and they work in the rooms perfectly!

here is another photo of my dining room and how it's decorated

No comments:

Post a Comment